These little morsels are perfect for before or after a workout. If you have a sweet tooth this will also hit the spot as it is a great tasting and a healthy alternative which is packed with vitamins and minerals. The taste is chocolaty with caramel tones.
Quantity – 16 balls depending on size
One serving = 2 balls
200g Medjool Dates (I used SO Organic Medjool Dates)
3 tblsp Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut, plus extra for decoration
2 tblsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp good quality Maple Syrup
2 tblsp Linwoods Milled Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries
75g dark chocolate (optional)
- Remove the pips from the dates then add them into a food processor and blitz until a ball forms.
- Add the rest of all the ingredients and blitz until a ball forms again.
- Then scoop out some of the mixture and roll into equal sized morsels. (I’ve measured mine to 18g sized balls.)
- Place in the fridge till cold.
- If you choose to coat your morsels with chocolate; melt the dark chocolate and drench or drizzle the chocolate over the date morsels and then sprinkle some coconut over. Set aside to cool in the fridge again.
- You can keep them in a container in the fridge. These are now ready to eat when energy is needed or just when a nice treat is desired.
I hope you enjoy these!